NEC Sphericall is 100% software and interoperates with a wide variety of standards-based telephony devices, SIP trunking services, gateways, conferencing and other communications endpoints. Through its unique distributed software architecture, Sphericall scales to 30,000 ports and achieves 99.999% reliability.
NEC Sphericall features high quality voice over IP, point-and-click call management, user-defined intelligent call routing, multiple auto-attendants, departmental call center capabilities, desktop video conferencing, text messaging, online smart directories, presence, unified email / voice mail, integrated softphone for mobile and remote workers, call recording and much more.
NEC Sphericall runs on industry-standard servers across your existing data network and avoids expensive proprietary hardware, giving you the greatest flexibility and choice to keep pace with your communications needs.
NEC Sphericall Web Services provides rich communications services for integration with other enterprise-class business applications. Now, the IP PBX becomes an enterprise “soft switch” utilized by various business applications to integrate communications into your business processes. The result is an advanced and proven unified communications platform that seamlessly integrates with your business.
With NEC Sphericall, you can stop thinking about your phone system and begin leveraging unified communications to create value for your business.
- Software – NEC Sphericall is all software running on industry-standard servers across your existing data network
- Simplified – Sphericall takes a simplified approach to comprehensive unified communications. Major features are fully integrated including voice, presence, softphone, desktop video conferencing, instant messaging, unified email / voice mail, personal calling profiles and more, making Sphericall easy to deploy, easy to manage and easy to use
- Flexible Scalability – NEC Sphericall software scales to 30,000 ports per system across any number of locations, and can grow one user at a time
- Open System Solution – NEC Sphericall interoperates with a wide variety of standards based SIP and MGCP business telephony devices, supports SIP trunking services, and runs on industry standard servers across your existing data network. With Sphericall, unified communications is deployed as an enterprise-class software application
- Proven & Reliable – NEC Sphericall is proven in across a wide variety of customers and deployments over 20,000 users. It is certified by the U.S. Department of Defense (JITC PBX1) for reliability, security and interoperability.
With NEC Sphericall, you can be assured of deploying a mission-critical high-reliability communications systems designed to fit your needs.
- Robust PBX Functionality – NEC Sphericall provides robust PBX functionality including IVR
- Web Services – NEC Sphericall Web Services enables easy integration of unified communications with enterprise-class business applications by abstracting away the underlying communications complexity. The Sphericall Web Services SDK delivers a delivers a platform-neutral and language-neutral set of development tools including a WSDL, sample application source code and complete documentation.
NEC Sphericall Architecture
NEC Sphericall is built upon a unique distributed software architecture that is highly scalable, reliable and flexible.
NEC Sphericall software integrates with:
- Business Applications – such as CRM, ERP, HRMS and SCM applications to create new business processes with built-in communications
- Media Applications – such as Call Centers, Collaboration, and more to unify communications throughout your enterprise
- End User Telephony Devices – such as IP, USB and Wi-Fi Phones, MS Instant Messaging Clients, desktop video cameras, and more for unmatched flexibility and choice
- Media Gateways – for PSTN connectivity and analog device support
- SIP Trunking Services – for PSTN connectivity without hardware gateways and the Sphericall Desktop with integrated soft phone for comprehensive unified communications